Magnetic Separator Machine
What is the magnetic separation？
Magnetic separation is a widely used mineral separation method based on the difference of magnetic properties between different minerals, separate target minerals in the inhomogeneous magnetic field. The magnetic separator is used for mineral ore dressing of magnetite, pyrrhotite, ilmenite, wolframite, manganese, rare earth ore and other materials with a particle size of less than 3 mm, and is also used for iron removal operations of coal, non-metallic minerals, building materials and the like.
Types of magnetic separator
1. According to the processing media, it can be divided into dry type and wet type magnetic separator.
(1) Dry-type magnetic separator mainly for sorting large and coarse grains of strong magnetic ore and fine-grained weak magnetic ore.
(2) Wet type magnetic separator mainly for sorting fine-grained strong magnetic ore and fine-grained weak magnetic ore.
2. According to the strength of the magnetic field, the magnetic separator is divided into the weak magnetic separator (H<2500 guass), medium magnetic separator (H<6000 Guass), and strong magnetic separator (H>6000 Guass).
JXSC, a magnetic separator manufacturer, has four types of magnetic separator machine: Dry drum magnetic separator, High-intensity magnetic separator, Three-disc dry magnetic separator, and Wet drum magnetic separator.
Working Principle of Magnetic Separator
Wet type magnetic separator
MAX. magnetic force: 8000gs
Application: separating the magnetic mineral from the 3~0 mm fine-grain mixture. Especially suitable for iron removal and purification in non-metallic minerals, such as quartz sand and potassium feldspar.
The magnetic separator uses magnets to attract magnetic materials to separate out the magnetic components of the mixture feed.
When the slurry enters the magnetic field, the ferromagnetic mineral is adsorbed on the surface of the cylinder, the weak magnetic and non-magnetic minerals are washed out by the water flow, all of them are discharged from different outlets.
Feeding and discharging continuously low downtime.
High magnetic force and high magnetic field gradient.
The three-disc electromagnetic separator is suitable for dry separation of titanium ore, rare earth ore, tungsten tin ore, chromite, niobium and tantalum ore, limonite, zirconium, disthene, monazite, andalusite, disthene, feldspar, quartz and other metallic minerals with different magnetic properties, or for iron removal of non-metallic materials.
1. Very high magnetic field intensity 16000gauss - 20000gauss
2. This separator can separate four different minerals in one time.
3. This separator can get the final concentrate of three to four minerals.
4. Ta & Nb grade can reach 60% by using this separator.
5. It's easy to install, adjust, and operate.
6. The magnetic intensity of each disc is adjustable from 1000-20000 gauss, could be used for other mineral concentrations.
The dry magnetic separator is used for sorting dry magnetic minerals, and is mainly used for selecting large-sized, coarse-grained ferromagnetic ores and fine-grained weak magnetic ores.
It has three types of single disc (diameter φ = 900 mm), double disc (φ = 576 mm) and three discs (φ = 600 mm). The magnetic field strength can reach 880-1440 kA/m.
The magnetic system of the dry magnetic separator is made of high-quality ferrite material or composited with rare earth magnet steel. The average magnetic induction intensity of the cylinder table is 100-600 mT.
The factors affecting the dry magnetic separator are mainly ore properties (ore grade, magnetism, particle size and moisture), equipment performance and operation.
High separating efficiency, do great help for ultra-poor magnetite; water-saving, suited for the water-deficient area; light weight, reliable operation and convenient maintenance.