Dense Media Separation( DMS)/ Heavy Media Separation( HMS) Technology
In the production of the diamond plant, heavy medium separation/ dense medium separation processing technology is very important, directly related to energy utilization, resource conservation, and production efficiency, considered to be one of the most effective methods of gravity separation. DMS technology can be used for coal washing and separation of diamonds and other precious stones, recovery of gold and platinum group metal (PGM), and treatment of copper, lead, zinc and other metal ores. In recent years, with the continuous improvement of people’s awareness of environmental protection, traditional mineral processing technology is increasingly unable to meet the actual needs of protecting the ecological environment. As a technology that has an important impact on China’s sustainable development, innovation and improvement of heavy medium mineral processing technology and management are very necessary. The article outlines the process flow of heavy medium mineral processing technology.
Overview of the process flow of heavy medium mineral processing technology
(1) Sorting of heavy minerals in lump ore. This process is mainly to separate the ore and ore bodies and to place mixed mineral materials in the heavy medium cyclone. Because the heavy medium sorting machine has a high precision advantage, can process mineral materials in large quantities, it is used in separating and mixing mineral materials. It has great advantages and improves the efficiency of mineral material sorting. This process is generally applicable to large-scale concentrators. At present, the process problems in this process are mainly reflected in the difficulty of management and the difficulty in recycling, which affects the improvement of production efficiency.
(2) Jig rough selection. In the jigging process, the refuse discharging density is usually guaranteed at 1180 kg per square meter, the jig machine adopts pre-exhaustion can effectively reduce the strontium content in the mineral resources. The influence of the previous sorting process avoids the wear damage caused by the krypton content of the cyclone, meanwhile, ensures the service life of the cyclone, which has a certain superior effect on the technical upgrading of the jig sorting system and the large fluctuation of the ore body.
(3) Mine body jigging. In this process, mainly through the mineral-heavy medium cyclone separation process, sorting and processing of mineral products, the process has the advantages of high precision, large processing capacity, and low cost, but there are also some shortcomings, mainly reflected in low yield and low separation efficiency. Therefore, the process is more suitable for concentrators with stable minerals.
(4) Secondary separation of the heavy medium cyclone. In the secondary sorting process of the cyclone, the process flow is firstly operated by the quarrying stone technology, and the crushed mineral product is secondarily sorted with the concentrate. Since the two products are simultaneously sorted, the process flow It is more complicated, and two sets of media recovery equipment are needed in the process. This also shows that the operation cost and construction cost of the process itself is high, and the daily management and maintenance involved are also more.
(5) Two-product heavy medium cyclone sorting. The heavy products and minerals are effectively sorted by a low-density cyclone, and the heavy products are sorted again after sorting to obtain minerals. The two-product heavy medium cyclone sorting process itself has high raw material requirements, so the process operation is also difficult and the operability is relatively low, so this process is not common in China’s mineral processing work.